You may request a dismissal of your citation with a $20.00 Admin fee if you are charged with the following offenses, upon court receiving proof of compliance:
- Driving with Expired Registration (Must pay Penalty Fee at Registrar’s office)
- Driving with Expired Driver’s License
- Fail to Report Change of Address or Name
You may request a dismissal of your citation with a $10.00 Admin fee if you are charged with the following offenses: upon court receiving proof of compliance:
- Operate Motor Vehicle without License Plates or with One Plate
- Operate Vehicle with Defective Required Equipment (or in Unsafe Condition)
Your request must be made within twenty working days of receiving the citation, but no later than your appearance date on your citation. This amount of time is required for the citation to be processed and filed with the Court.
You must make your request in person at the Municipal Court.
Upon request for dismissal of your citation, you must pay administrative fee and submit proof that the offense has been corrected.
*The offense (Fail to Maintain Financial Responsibility) also qualifies for dismissal at no charge if the following conditions are met:
Proof submitted that the vehicle was insured by a valid policy of vehicle liability insurance on the date and time the citation was issued. The information provided must contain the following information listed below, and will be verified by the Court.
- The name, address and telephone number of the insurer;
- The name and address of the named insured;
- The policy number;
- The effective and expiration dates of the policy;
- The make and model of the covered vehicle;